Team Velo City Cycles
A Fun Cycling Group Open To All Ability Levels And Disciplines
Are you ready to ride in 2021?
We know that's a silly question....after 2020, we are ALL ready to ride. And we are hopeful for the future! Whether you are a seasoned veteran or new to the sport, Team Velo City Cycles provides an opportunity for riders to take their skills to the next level. This team is made up of road, mountain, triathlon, cyclocross and fat bike riders and racers.
How to join:
- The Team Velo City Cycles 2021 online store is currently opened for re-orders and also to purchase jersey + memberships. The online store will close on April 14 and all orders will be shipped directly to your house by May 28. Click HERE for the online store.
- If you want to simply renew your membership ($65) without purchasing a new jersey, you can renew your membership online HERE. Must have been a team member with Velo jersey from a previous year.
- All team members will be required to fill out our Team 2021 WAIVER. This will be sent out separately.
- Be a part of a great group of like-minded riders looking to have fun on a bike!
- Discounts off most parts and accessories at Velo City Cycles from the time you join the club until 12/31/21
- 20% off one service menu tune-up per year (for personal use only)
- Team Zwift rides and challenges
- Team rides and events
- We are hopeful there will be some racing in 2021! Let's get that team tent back up!
- Team membership with Primal Jersey: $130
- Team membership renewal (Must have been a team member with Velo jersey from a previous year. Jersey not included): $65
- You are required to represent Velo City Cycles and our sponsors in a positive manner at all times, both on and off the bike.
- Have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up? Purchase your membership + jersey online at https://via.primalcustom.com/collections/t06560a or renew your membership for $65 (with no jersey) HERE. Send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions.
What are the dues for? The team dues will be used for team activities and supplies, such as race and ride support, clinics and special events.
When is Team Night? Due to the pandemic, we probably will not have an in-person team night this spring. We hope to do some team challenges, like the Ronde van Quarantine and other team events and rides to encourage riding.
Do I need to register with the USA Cycling? If you intend to race in Michigan in 2021 (which we'll see if racing really happens) you will need a USA Cycling license. You can do this at the USA Cycling’s website. Velo City Cycles Team is a registered USA Cycling Club. When registering at the USA Cycling website you will be able to register under Velo City Cycles Team the individual categories you choose (road, mtb, cross and track). A USA cycling license is not required if you to not intend to race.
I don’t race, but still want a group to ride with. Can I join the Velo City Cycles Team? Yes, the Velo City Cycles Team is for riders and racers of all levels. Even if you have no intention of racing, but want a group to be a part of, then this group is for you!
I’m not sure if I want to join the Velo City Cycles Team now. Can I join later in the season? Yes, but you might miss out on a team jersey…a shop jersey will look pretty darn close though!
What is the helmet policy? Mandatory, or optional on solo rides? When you are riding on any Velo City Cycles group ride you will be required to wear a helmet. For solo rides you need to use your best judgement. When riding solo and wearing a Velo City Cycles jersey, we ask that you please wear a helmet to show that you are a responsible member of the cycling community.
Got a question? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org