Team Velo City Cycles
A Fun Cycling Group Open To All Ability Levels And Disciplines
Are you ready to ride in 2020?
Whether you are a seasoned veteran or new to the sport, Team Velo City Cycles provides an opportunity for riders to take their skills to the next level. This team is made up of road, mountain, triathlon, cyclocross and fat bike riders and racers.
How to join:
- The second round of Team Velo City Cycles 2020 online store is open! And will close on March 1st at midnight. www.sugoicustomorder.com/VeloCity2020 You can purchase your membership + jersey on the online store, plus other team apparel.
- If you want to simply renew your membership without purchasing a new jersey, you can stop by Velo City Cycles and renew your membership at the register.
- All team members are required to fill out our Team 2020 WAIVER. Email Jenny White to have a copy emailed to you.
- Be a part of a great group of like-minded riders looking to have fun on a bike!
- Discounts off most parts and accessories at Velo City Cycles from the time you join the club until 12/31/20
- 20% off one service menu tune-up per year (for personal use only)
- Team Night: prior to the start of the season you will be invited to Team Night at the shop. This is the opportunity for team members to purchase products at significant discounts. Team Night 2020 will be on Friday, March 27 7-9:00pm at Velo City.
- Option to purchase team apparel including jackets, vests, long sleeve jerseys, etc. at team-only pricing. You are not obligated to order this apparel.
- Team-only rides, events and clinics
- Opportunity to purchase team bikes at discount
- Access to Team Facebook Page
- Team membership renewal (no jersey included): $65
- Team membership with Sugoi Jersey: $125
- You are required to represent Velo City Cycles and our sponsors in a positive manner at all times, both on and off the bike.
- This year we are asking that all Team Velo Members volunteer at one or more Junior Velo Team rides. We are excited about this new Junior Velo Team and your excitement and encouragement to the kids will be a huge help! More info and opportunities will be presented in spring.
- Have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up? Stop by the shop and fill out a membership form! Or send an email to email@example.com and she’ll email you back the membership form.
What are the dues for? The team dues will be used for team activities and supplies, such as race and ride support, clinics and special events.
When is Team Night? Spring (mid march) 2020 at Velo City Cycles
Do I need to register with the USA Cycling? If you intend to race in Michigan in 2020 you will need a USA Cycling license. You can do this at the USA Cycling’s website. Velo City Cycles Team is a registered USA Cycling Club. When registering at the USA Cycling website you will be able to register under Velo City Cycles Team the individual categories you choose (road, mtb, cross and track). A USA cycling license is not required if you to not intend to race.
I don’t race, but still want a group to ride with. Can I join the Velo City Cycles Team? Yes, the Velo City Cycles Team is for riders and racers of all levels. Even if you have no intention of racing, but want a group to be a part of, then this group is for you!
I’m not sure if I want to join the Velo City Cycles Team now. Can I join later in the season? Yes, but you might miss out on a team jersey…a shop jersey will look pretty darn close though!
What is the helmet policy? Mandatory, or optional on solo rides? When you are riding on any Velo City Cycles group ride you will be required to wear a helmet. For solo rides you need to use your best judgement. When riding solo and wearing a Velo City Cycles jersey, we ask that you please wear a helmet to show that you are a responsible member of the cycling community.
Got a question? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org